1. College students above 18 years of age with sufficient English proficiency.
2. The general state of the applicant's health should be good enough for him/her to pursue the course of study at Fudan.
1. One copy of passport (personal information page – passport must be valid for your entire stay in China).
2. Enrollment certificate or documents proving student status at current university. Certificates or documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be translated and notarized.
3. Transcripts of academic records. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be translated and notarized.
4. One copy of TOEFL iBT (a score of 85 or above)/IELTS (a score of 6.5 or above), or other materials proving a corresponding level of English. Native English-speakers or college students taking an English-taught program are exempted from this requirement.
If necessary, the university will require applicants to submit extra materials.
1. If you are an international student holding a foreign passport, please log onto http://admission.iso.fudan.edu.cn/, register and apply online.
The online application procedure is as follows:
Registering with your email → Entering and completing the online application → Submitting your application → Paying the application fee in the Online Application System → Waiting for the result → Application is completed
Program code: 376661
(It is for self-supporting students only. If you will come as an exchange student, you will receive a different code from us.)
Please use Internet Explorer to upload your application documents if you use Windows and Opera works best for a Macbook. If you use Chrome, please download the intruction to activate Flash Player.
Please take extra care in filling in the application form online. The name should be exactly the same as it appears on your passport. Once you have submitted the application, it will not be possible to change. If you fill in the wrong passport No. or wrong name, you won't be able to apply for visa with the admission and visa documents issued.
2. If you are a Chinese citizen from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan, please register. We will email you after we receive your information so that you can complete the application process.
Fudan International Summer Session is open to students from Fudan's partner universities worldwide. For Fudan's partnership, you can consult your home institution.
1. Shanghai Summer School Scholarship student
The Shanghai Summer School Scholarship targets students with passports from the North American Zone. Besides a tuition waiver, the scholarship covers free on-campus housing, health insurance during the session and the trip to Tongli on top of the other activities of the session. The international return air tickets, local living expenses and pocket money should be covered by the student.
2. Exchange tuition-waiver student
Based on bilateral exchange agreements, Fudan accepts Fudan's exchange partners' nomination of students to join the ISS program with a tuition waiver.
For coordinators of Fudan's partners: Due to the course load of the ISS program, 2 students enrolled in the ISS program will be equivalent to 1 enrolled for a one-semester exchange stay.
Your home institution coordinator needs to email nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org before you proceed with the online application process.
3. Self-supporting student
Self-supporting students from Fudan's partners will receive a 10% discount for tuition if we are officially notified by partner universities.
Please ask your home institution coordinator to email your nomination to email@example.com before you proceed with the online application process. If accepted, you will receive your 10% discount when you pay the tuition.