Entry Visa

As a student, you cannot study at Fudan without first having a student visa. Please apply for an X1 or X2 visa at the local Chinese Embassy or Consulate with

-   Admission Notice

-   Visa Application Form (JW202 Form)

-   Physical Examination Report (if needed)

When you receive the Chinese visa, please make sure that the embassy or consulate returns the Admission Notice and JW202 Form page 3 (the yellow page) to you. This is an important document which you will need to submit to the Shanghai Exit-Entry Administration Bureau when you deal with your visa problem inside China. It is highly recommended that you hold an X1 or X2 visa to enter China, within 1 week before the registration date. Please note that foreign students holding visas other than the student visa will not be able to register at Fudan University for the summer session.

Residence Permit

If you hold an X1 visa, you will need to apply for the residence permit within 30 days after your entry in China. If you hold an X2 visa and the validity of your X2 visa is longer than your study period here, you can keep your X2 visa with no need to change it.

© School of Economics , Fudan University